- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tb spoon Mavella Superfoods Immune Boost
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, b.powder, lemon zest.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Turning to low speed, add the eggs and vanilla. Add the lemon juice and beat on medium speed until combined,
- Lower the speed and add the flour mix slowly. Then add the milk.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45 min, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry. Let it cool for 15 min while preparing the glaze.
- Stir together the ingredients for the glaze until combined and heat for 5 min in a saucepan. Pour over loaf cake. Let dry before serving