- 800g canned tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Mavella Superfoods Veggie Boost
- 1 garlic clove, finely ground (or powdered)
- Pinch of salt and pepper (optional, adjust to taste)
- Gather all the ingredients, wash and chop the tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and water to a pot and cook until soft.
- Using a handheld blender, blend to a smooth puree.
- Return to the pot and mix in the brown sugar and apple cider vinegar.
- Cook for about 35 minutes, or until desired consistency. Stir occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and mix in Mavella Superfoods Veggie Boost, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the ketchup cool completely and transfer to a clean bottle.
- Refrigerate before serving with your favorite meals!