- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tb spoons water
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- • 2 tb spoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tb spoon Mavella Superfoods Immune Boost
- Icing sugar for topping
- Put the flour and salt into a bowl of a food processor. Cut the butter into cubes and pulse several times, until the mixture resembles crumbs, add a little water at a time until it sticks together.
- Transfer the dough onto a clean flat surface dusted with flour. Do not over knead. Flaten into 3cm thickness and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 60 min.
- In a pan, cook 1/2 a cup of strawberries with Mavella Superfoods Immune Boost until it reaches marmalade texture. Let cool for a couple of minutes and mix with cream cheese.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out to 3mm thick. Cut into squares. Save a bit of dough and use it to cut hearts with a cookie cutter.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Brush the center of the squares with the strawberry cream cheese mix and stick the sliced strawberries.
- Close the mail pies by slideing your finger with water and sticking the edges. Brush with egg wash on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.