Red Velvet Christmas Cupcakes
- 140g all purpose flour
- 1/2tsp salt + 1/2tsp B. Powder
- 150g white sugar
- 60g butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp red velvet food colouring
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp Mavella Superfoods Brain Boost
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180c. Line a mini muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium high until fluffy. Add the egg and mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together Mavella Superfoods Brain Boost, red food colouring and vinegar (it’ll look like a thick paste). Add it to the batter and mix until combined.
- On low speed, alternate adding the flour mix, then the milk and mix until combined.
- Fill muffin liners about 3/4 full and bake for 12-14 min. Cool for 5 min, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting by beating half of the icing sugar with the butter. Start the mixer in low speed, increasing it slowly. Add the remaining sugar, followed by vanilla extract and finally, add the milk.
- Beat for 2 min on medium-high. You can adjust the consistency by adding more sugar as desired.
- For serving, fill plastic shot cups with m&ms, cupcake on top, then sprinkles.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.