- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- 1 tsp Mavella Superfoods Australian Grown - Beetroot
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp cashew milk
- 1tsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Coconut flakes for coating
- Place the dates in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the coconut flour, dates, Mavella Superfoods Australian Grown Beetroot, lemon juice and honey (if using) and blend until a paste is formed.
- Add the cashew milk 1 tbsp at a time until you get the right consistency.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 min for easier rolling.
- Place the lemon zest and coconut flakes on a tray.
- Gently roll the dough into small balls (about 1 tbsp) then roll over the coconut flakes + lemon zest.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.