Koala Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g butter
- 1 cup sugar + 3/4 cup for filling
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Mavella Superfoods Immune Boost
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Remove from mixer and use hands to press the dough over parchment paper, about 1,5 cm thick.
- Chill for one hour.
- Once chilled, roll the dough to about half its thickness. If its a bit sticky, dust with flour or icing sugar. Start cutting the koalas with a cookie cutter.
- Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper, when ready, put back in the fridge for 30min.
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Bake for 12-15 min, tops of the cookies should be set but soft to the touch.
- Place on a cooling rack and wait for them to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, using a stand mixer, beat the whipping cream and remaining 3/4 cup sugar until forming soft peaks, fold in Mavella Superfoods Immune Boost. Place in the freezer for a couple of hours until it's hardened.
- When everything is ready, fill the sandwiches with ice cream.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.