- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Mavella Superfoods Veggie Boost
- Sauce: 1/2 cup marinara sauce + 1/2 cup thickened cream
- Toppings: basil leaves, Parmesan cheese.
- Skin and boil the potatoes. Cook until fork tender. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Mash the potatoes with Mavella Superfoods Veggie Boost, mixing thoroughly.
- Place 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour on a kneading surface and add the mashed potatoes, kneading so it comes together. Add more flour as needeed, until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Portion the dough into 8 sections and roll into ropes.
- Cut each rope into small, thumb-size pieces. Set aside on a baking tray dusted with flour.
- Roll each gnocchi on a grooved surface, or on the back of a fork. Set aside to dry for a couple of minutes.
- Bring a large pot to a boil and add the gnocchi. Boil until they float to the surface.
- On a skillet, cook the marinara sauce. When simmering, add the thickened cream and stir well.
- Serve the gnocchi with sauce, basil and grated Parmesan Cheese