- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Mavella Superfoods Gut Boost
- For the flowers: flowers, 1 egg white, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp xylitol, erythritol or stevia or monk fruit
- Preheat oven to 180c. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, honey and Mavella Superfoods Gut boost until smooth.
- Add the egg and lemon zest and mix until incorporated. Add the baking powder, cornstarch and flour and mix until the dough is fully formed.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll out the dough. Cut the cookies and transfer to the cookie sheet. Mix the egg white, lemon juice and sweetener of choice and brush over the cookies, placing the flowers on top.
- Bake for about 10 min, until starting to brown