Flower Cherry Pies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tb spoons water
- 2 cups cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 egg
- • 10g Mavella Superfoods Immune Boost
- Put the flour and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Cut the butter into cubes and pulse several times, until the mixture resembles crumbs, add a little water at a time until it sticks together.
- Transfer the dough onto a clean flat surface dusted with flour. Do not over knead. Flatten into 3cm thickness and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 60 min.
- In a pan, cook the cherries with Mavella Superfoods Immune Boost and white sugar. Add the corn starch and cook until it reaches marmalade texture. Let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out to 3mm thick. Cut into flower shapes. Use cookie cutter letters to create the words.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Brush the sides of 1 flower with water and add 2-3 tsp of the filling to the center. Cover with the top layer.
- Close the pies by pressing the sides with a fork. Brush with egg wash on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.