- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 220g butter
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp red food coloring dye
- 1 tbsp Mavella Superfoods Gut Boost
- Edible glitter (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter, sugars and Mavella Superfoods Gut Boost until fluffy. Add the egg and mix until incorporated.
- Sift in the flour and and mix until the dough is formed.
- Scoop out half the dough, then add red food coloring dye to the rest.
- Press each dough between two pieces of parchment paper until flat and place in the refrigerator for 45 min.
- When ready, stack the two doughs and roll them tightly together. Place back in the refrigerator for 15 min, then slice the cookies and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 12 min or until golden. You can brush them with edible glitter for extra Christmas magic