Black Bean Brownies
- 1x 425g black beans (washed & drained)
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Mavella Brain Boost
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (adjust to your taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pink sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
2. Lightly grease and line a 20 X 20cm square baking tin
3. Add black beans to food processor and pulse a few times to break them up
4. Add remaining ingredients and puree for about 3 minutes, being sure to scrape the sides if needed. You're looking for a fairly smooth, slightly gooey texture.
5. If the batter is too thick, add 1 tablespoon and water and pulse again, ensuring your batter is not runny.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and smooth the top with a butter knife or spatula
7. Optional: sprinkle the top with vegan choc chips or crushed walnuts
8. Bake for approx. 25 minutes or until the tops are dry.
9. Remove from the oven when done and let it cool for at least 20 minutes before serving or cutting into slices. You'll find the insides a little gooey and deliciously moist.
10. Store in an airtight container for a few days, or in the fridge after that.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Recipes
These bliss aren’t ordinary by all means. Not only is this a fab and tasty school snack but its jammed packed with brain boosting ingredients such as Omega 3 DHA and Probiotics, along with 6 key vitamins and minerals like Iron to support growing brains#. It also contains hidden Kale and the complementary plant based protein pair of Organic Pea and Organic Brown Rice that provide all the essential amino acids naturally.