- 100g melted butter (or coconut oil)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Mavella Superfoods Australian Grown - Beetroot
- 250ml coconut milk
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- Glaze (optional): 1 cup icing sugar + 2 tbsp coconut milk + 1 tsp Mavella Superfoods Australian Grown Beetroot
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place the flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and Mavella Superfoods Australian Grown Beetroot in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the melted butter and coconut milk and stir until completely combined.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray and cook for about 35 minutes, until cooked through but still a little fudgy.
- Let cool before adding the glaze (optional) and cut into squares.