- 1 medium aubergine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese + more for serving
- 1 tbsp Mavella Superfoods Veggie Boost
- Preheat the oven to 190c. Lightly grease a baking pan with olive oil, or use parchment paper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and cook the cubed aubergine. Add 1/4 cup water and cook for about 10 min, until softened.
- Place in a food processor along with the garlic and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggplant puree, breadcrumbs, egg, parmesan cheese, basil and Mavella Superfoods Veggie Boost.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the mixture and make balls with your hands. Place them on the prepared baking pan. Bake until firm and browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Heat the tomato sauce in a skillet, add the aubergine “meatballs” and cover with grated cheese. When the cheese has melted, garnish with chopped basil or spring onion and serve.